Acorn Ultrasound is pleased to offer a new specialist ultrasound scanning and guided injection service led by the highly trained Dr Syed Junaid, Consultant Musculoskeletal & Sports Radiologist (link).
Ultrasound Scans Offered
- Sports injuries
- Joint assessments: Shoulder, Elbow, Arm, Wrist, Hands, Hip, Knee, Foot and Ankle
- Lumps and bumps
- Muscles and tendon assessment
- Upper or lower limb pathology
- Hernia assessment
- Head and Neck
- Testicles (scrotum)
- Arm pit
Types of Ultrasound Guided Procedures
- Joint injections: Shoulder, Elbow, Arm, Wrist, Hands, Hip, Knee, Foot and Ankle
- Bursa injections: Upper or lower limb
- Tendon and ligament injections: Upper or lower limb
- Nerve blocks: Upper or lower limb
- Trigger finger injection
- Hydrodilatation for frozen shoulder
- Shoulder barbotage
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment
- Diagnostic ultrasound – £200
- Two sides (for example both shoulders) – £250
- All injections include a diagnostic scan before the procedure
- Ultrasound guided steroid injection – £250
- Ultrasound guided Ostenil Plus injection – £350
- Ultrasound guided shoulder barbotage – £300
- Ultrasound guided trigger finger injection – £300
- Shoulder hydrodilatation – £400
- Ultrasound guided PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection – £375
How to Refer
- Patient self-referral form
- Healthcare professional referral form
Ultrasound is a safe and effective way to diagnose many diseases and abnormalities with a high level of accuracy. In many cases, it can be used to pick up the cancer, diagnose injuries, determine the cause of pain and symptoms.
Ultrasound does not involve radiation and is used in pregnancy to assess the foetus in the womb. The scan involves placing a special probe over the concerned area with a water-based gel and is not painful.
Unlike other diagnostic tests, ultrasound is highly dependent on the operator performing the scan and it therefore imperative that a well-qualified and experienced individual performs your scan.
Ultrasound can also be used to guide a needle to deliver medication such as a steroid with very highly precision, which is simply not possible in certain cases without using ultrasound.